POSITION TITLE: Manager Programmes
LOCATION: National Office, Fiji Red Cross House, 22 Gorrie Street, Suva
Masters Degree or relevant tertiary qualification in Social Sciences and/or Management
REPORTS TO: Director General
DIRECT REPORTS: 6
DATE: October 2019
REVIEW DATE: October 2019
The Fiji Red Cross Society (FRCS) is the largest local humanitarian organisation in Fiji committed to quality service delivery to the most vulnerable. The Society is recognised by the Government of Fiji as a voluntary relief organisation, auxiliary to the public authorities. It has 16 branches throughout the country with Divisional Service Centres in the Western and Central Divisions supported by a National Office in Suva.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Manager Programmes is a senior position that reports directly to the Director General. The incumbent will be responsible for the oversight of FRCS programme activities and delivery of services to the most vulnerable. The role will have responsibility to progress FRCS towards a programmatic approach in line with its mandate as a volunteer focused organisation. This would see the Society working under one program plan and monitoring and evaluation framework.The role will be responsible for ensuring integration of core services in health and care, disaster management with cross cutting work in youth and gender and diversity.
This position requires a dynamic professional with a relevant tertiary qualification in Management and or Social Sciences and a solid background in Humanitarian Development programmes. The successful candidate will have outstanding written, verbal, computer, presentation skills and demonstrable excellence in fiscal administration as well as monitoring and evaluation. It is expected that the incumbent will have a proven track record in working with various multi-cultural and socioeconomic communities, demonstrable experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds and showing a clear commitment to the principles of Red Cross.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the senior management team (SMT), support leadership and management to meet their expected mandates as outlined in the Constitution of the FRCS.
- Support organisation and structural reform initiatives.
- Prepare and be accountable for an annual operational plan, including budgets, specific development objectives and indicators, for approval by Director General and National Board.
- Oversee development of an overall program plan and monitoring and evaluation framework Define, assess and monitor programme outputs to ensure they are delivered as planned, integrating cross cutting issues into the design and implementation of programme activities.
- Manage and develop program staff and volunteers to achieve programme objectives and ensure donor requirements are met.
- Prepare programme /project funding applications and liaise with various donor agencies to actively broaden Society’s funding base.
- Formulate relevant policies and procedures and coordinate implementation to achieve the objectives and priorities of the FRCS.
- Oversee and provide relevant training and advocacy activities to ensure effective service delivery.
- Develop and be accountable for the contracted programmes budget.
- Provide regular information including budget updates on relevant programmatic areas.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance according to signed agreements, including monitoring of all payments/ expenditures and assisting with periodic project implementation reports (including narrative and financial reports).
- Monitor the annual operational plan on a monthly basis and submit planned progress reports to the Director General before each scheduled Board meeting.
- Represent FRCS at national and international fora.
- Maintain and strengthen strategic alliances with key partners and stakeholders by representing the society on relevant committees and councils.
Operational management and oversight:
- Facilitate and support monitoring and evaluation of programmatic activities. Oversee the preparation of timely programme reports.
- Assist in compiling FRCS annual report.
- Oversee the recruitment and appointment of relevant programmatic staff. Ensure performance management of the program team on an annual basis. Coordinate performance reviews of staff as required.
Donor coordination & management:
- Oversee institutional door resource mobilisation.
- Oversees the preparation of timely Project Donor reports and acquittals. Oversight the work of consultants, advisors and experts where relevant.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues.
- Must subscribe and adhere to the FRCS fundamental principles. Must be a signatory to FRCS Child Protection Policy.
- Promotes gender development and equal opportunities in team development
- Contributes to work force development by identifying gaps, prioritising training needs, mentoring and providing appropriate support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director General.
Graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in program or project
- Good understanding of the international humanitarian environment
- Experience of working for the Red Cross Red Crescent
Knowledge and Skills
- In – depth knowledge of programme management and design
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and diversity in programming
- Demonstrated coordination experience
- Experience in managing staff and programme/project teams
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing)
- Strong communications and networking skills
If you have the passion to serve Fiji’s largest and longest serving humanitarian organization, please forward your application together with a result oriented Curriculum Vitae, and contact details of three work-related referees by 4.00pm, Friday, 15th November, 2019 to: FIJI RED CROSS SOCIETY on email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR by post:
Postal Address: Position – Vacancy No.
The Human Resources Department
Fiji Red Cross Society National Office
GPO Box 569