Be Red Cross Ready
It’s as easy as 1-2-3! Getting prepared may sound difficult or time consuming but – with a little help from the Red Cross – it’s actually very possible.
- Get a Kit
Learn the essential supplies to put in your family’s survival kit.
A well-stocked first aid kit is a handy thing to have. To be prepared for emergencies:
- Keep a first aid kit in your home and in your car.
- Carry a first aid kit with you or know where you can find one.
- Find out the location of first aid kits where you work.
You can purchase your first kits from the Fiji Red Cross Society Shop. Your local drug store may sell them. You can also make your own. Some kits are designed for specific activities, such as hiking, camping or boating.
Whether you buy a first aid kit or put one together, make sure it has all the items you may need:
- Include any personal items such as medications and emergency phone numbers or other items your health-care provider may suggest.
- Check the kit regularly.
- Check expiration dates and replace any used or out-of-date contents
2. Make a Plan
Plan effectively for you and your family in case of an emergency.
3. Be Informed
Understand which disasters are likely to occur in your area and what you must know to stay safe.
What to have ready in your home.